EF4 framework is updated to 4.7 version. See what changed.
We are happy to announce that EF4 framework has been recently updated to 4.7 ver. The new release comes with new awesome features suggested by our customers and several improvements for already existing features.
Take a look at some added improvements:
- custom.css file in CSS directory will be automatically loaded if exist
Customers often do not know that custom.less file must be created at first to generate custom.css file readable by the template. That causes many questions since customers think that somehting is wrong with their purchased template. Now the template checks if the custom.css exist and then use the file created by the user which simplify the customization process.
- Layout Builder option to set full (100%) width for each sections (blocks) in template
Depending on the template design some template areas have been able to expand to 100% screen view. Now the option is available for each template blocks (except main component section).
- Font Awesome icons support
By default this this option is disabled. After enabling you may fully use awesome fonts with the template, for example to custom HTML modules.
- Purge Cache function to remove unnecessary or old css files
- Option to show Theme Customizer only for administrator or manager
When enabled you resctrict access to theme customizer to loggedin site administrator/manager. This feature allows you working on the site design when it's already online.
- Error 404 custom article selection field (template need support this function)
Choose the page you want to be displayed for 404 error. The template must be updated to the latest version if you want to get this feature.
- Template update notifications available in backend (can be disabled in plugin options)
You may enable notification about template updates in administrator dashboard (control panel)
Then you will get the following notification at dashboard.
When clicking view updates button you'll get the info:
We believe you will find all changes useful and user friendly. Thanks for helping us improving EF4 framework. Your suggestions are always highly appreciated!